09 May Reusable Face Shield & Ear Saver That Are Easy to Make with Laser Cutters
COVID-19 continues to affect millions worldwide. Virus prevention materials are getting harder to get, but you can still help by creating face shield and ear savers for frontline healthcare workers, yourself, or your loved ones.
Download our ear saver and face shield designs that are adjusted perfectly for FLUX laser machines. These designs are quick and easy to make, low cost, long-wearing, can be stored and shipped flat, can be disassembled for sanitization, and are reusable.
Here’s what you need to make the face shield & ear saver:
- Laser cutter
- Rubber gloves (to keep the items clean and to protect your hands), face mask (or something to cover your face during production), and disinfected work surface
- Headband: .060″ or 1.5mm PET/PETG sheet (approximately 16″ x 2″ or 406mm x 50mm per shield)
- Visor: .020″ or .5mm PET/PETG sheet (approximately 9.5″ x 9.5″ or 241mm x 241mm per shield)
- Velcro Strap: .75″ or 20mm width (approximately 350 mm in length per shield recommended)
- Ear Saver: 3 mm acrylic sheet
Cut Files (Single Shield)
Head Band (.060″ PETG)
Visor (.020″ PETG)
Cut with scissors at 350 mm minimum
Ear Saver (3 mm acrylic sheet)
Face Shield DIY Tutorial
LOOKING FOR MORE IDEAS?
We invite FLUXers to join our Facebook community and share your works with us! You will also find inspiration from other members.
Learn more about Beambox, the most intuitive professional laser cutter/ engraver.
Learn more about beamo, the world’s smallest CO2 laser cutter/engraver.